Sweet & Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
This stir fry is a perfect go to for an easy weeknight meal. Loaded with chicken, veggies and served with rice this a perfect meal in one. Sweet and a little spicy, this is a crowd pleaser for the whole family.
Category: Main Dish - Servings: 6 - Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes
FOR THE STIRY FRY
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp Hatch Chili Infused Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Chili Verde Sea Salt
- 1 Red Bell Pepper. julienned
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, julienned
- ½ Large Yellow Onion, julienned
- 1 cup Snap Peas, ends trimmed
- 28oz Canned Pineapple, drained
- ¼ Cup Green Onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, to finish
- Jasmine Rice, to serve
FOR THE SAUCE
1 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
½ cup Pineapple Juice
½ tsp Chili Verde Sea Salt
Heat a wok over medium high heat and add oil. Once shimmering add chicken to the pan and season with rub and 1 tsp salt. Cook until chicken is no longer pink for about 6-8 minutes.
In a large bowl mix the water and cornstarch together, this prevents the corn starch from becoming lumpy. Add in the remaining stir fry sauce ingredients and mix until well combined. Set aside.
Add peppers, onions, snap peas, and sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened about 6-7 minutes. When the stir fry is 1-2 minutes from being done add the pineapple.
Top with green onions and sesame seeds and serve with a side of jasmine rice.