Lemon Blueberry Olive Oil Cupcakes with Champagne Frosting
LEMON BLUEBERRY OLIVE OIL CUPCAKES WITH CHAMPAGNE FROSTING
These sweet and tasty cupcakes are made with Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil and finished off with a smooth and creamy rich frosting.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 People
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Champagne
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Champagne or Prosecco (drink the rest)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender process blueberries, coconut milk, champagne, sugar, vanilla, and Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients and blend until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Beat together butter, olive oil, and powdered sugar for frosting. Then add champagne and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into a large zip top bag. Cut a small corner off of the bottom.
- Pipe frosting onto each cupcake and garnish with fresh blueberries.