DRUNKEN BRUSCHETTA & SAUSAGE PASTAThis simple, classic dish should be kept in everybody’s back pocket. You will never want to eat jarred pasta sauce again once you realize how easy it is to make a flavorful sauce by simply using white wine and our Bruschetta Dried Herb blend. Simply cook your pasta while your sauce cooks and presto, dinner is done.
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 Pasta Rock
- 1/2 lb Italian Pasta, cooked 1-2 minutes short1/2 lb Sausage
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Bruschetta Dried Herb Blend
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add a pasta rock for 2 minutes to salt your water then remove. Add the pasta, stir well and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite - 1-2 minutes short of the package instructions).
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high with the olive oil and cook the sausage, breaking down to a crumble with a spoon as it cooks.
- Move the meat to one side and let the oil fall to the other side, remove all of the oil but 2 Tbsp.
- Add flour to the remaining oil in the pan and stir into a paste. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes to remove the flour taste.
- Add the wine and the milk, stirring to create a sauce. Cook another few minutes to allow the wine to reduce and the sauce to thicken.
- Finish by adding the Bruschetta Dried Herb Blend, cooked pasta, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat and let the pasta finish cooking for 1-2 minutes longer.