CHERRY & POMEGRANATE WILD RICE SALAD
Add color to your next wild rice salad with this fruit filled version that includes a beautiful lemon pomegranate dressing laced with vanilla and cinnamon. A great side dish for summer or fall, especially during holiday festivities alongside turkey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 60 minutes - Total Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 cups Wild Rice Blend
- Chicken Stock
- 3 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Shaker
- 6 ounces Frozen Dark, Sweet Cherries
- 1/2 cup Wine Vinegar
- 3 stalks Celery, diced small
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted
- In a large stockpot, cook the rice according to package directions using chicken stock instead of water.
- Meanwhile, in large sauté pan heat Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in sugar shaker, cherries, Rosé Vinegar, and Thai Ginger Sea Salt. Allow to cook and reduce slightly, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with more salt as necessary.
- Toss the cooked rice with the celery and dressing. Arrange on a serving platter and garnish with pomegranate seeds and pecans. Enjoy!